Monday 13 January 2014

Ronaldo Wins FIFA World Footballer of the year

c (© © PA)

Below is a full list of this year's award winners.

Fifa Ballon d’Or

Winner: Cristiano Ronaldo
"First of all I have to say a great thanks to all of my team-mates with the club and the national team. Without all of their efforts this would not have been possible. I am very happy, it is very difficult to win this award.
"Everybody that has been involved with me on a personal level I have to thank. My wife, my friends, my son. It is a tremendously emotional moment. All I can say is thank you to everybody that has been involved."

Fifa Women’s World Player of the Year

Germany's Nadine Angerer is the winner of the women's world player of the year.

Fifa Special Award

Winner: Pele
Pele wins this specially created award, and emotionally explains: "I got so many trophies and prizes but I was jealous because all of those guys who got the Ballon d'Or, which I couldn't get because I didn't play in Europe. Now I thank God that I can complete my trophies at home."

Fifa Puskas Award (Goal of the Year)

Winner: Zlatan Ibrahimović
Zlatan Ibrahimović deservedly wins the award for his astonishing overhead kick in Sweden's 4-0 friendly victory over England.
Ibrahimović states, "I am very proud to be here tonight and I'd like to congratulate all the other nominees. Good luck to the guys for the big award later. I want to thank all the people who voted."

Fifa Fair Play Award

Winner: Afghanistan
The Afghanistan Football Federation, which has helped continue promote the sport in a country ravaged by war, wins the award given to "persons or institutions for their fair play, an issue that has always been of crucial significance to world football's governing body".

Fifa Men’s Football Coach of the Year

Winner: Jupp Heynckes
A perfect way to honour Jupp Heynckes' retirement - the treble, including the Champions League, and now Coach of the Year.

Fifa Women’s Football Coach of the Year

Winner: Silvia Neid

"It is an incredible feeling to win this award there are a lot of people who have been working with me behind the scenes. The team have been incredible the players, the backroom staff. Without their contribution I wouldn't be standing here today.

Fifa Presidential Award

Winner: Jacques Rogge
He was elected as the eighth President of the International Olympic Committee in 2001. His visionary and diplomatic approach took the Olympic Games into a new era.
Given to a 'person or institution that has made a superlative contribution to football without seeking to monopolise the limelight'.

Fifa/FIFPro World XI:

Goalkeeper - Manuel Neuer (Germany, FC Bayern München)
Defenders - Dani Alves (Brazil, FC Barcelona); Philipp Lahm (Germany, FC Bayern München); Sergio Ramos (Spain, Real Madrid CF ); Thiago Silva (Brazil, Paris St-Germain FC).
Midfielders - Andrés Iniesta (Spain, FC Barcelona); Franck Ribéry (France, FC Bayern München), Xavi (Spain; FC Barcelona).
Forwards - Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal, Real Madrid); Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden, Paris St-Germain); Lionel Messi (Argentina, Barcelona).

No comments:

Post a Comment