Wednesday 29 January 2014

Celebrity Big Brother 2014: Jim Davidson is crowned winner

Jim Davidson (© Channel 5)
Who would have predicted this a couple of weeks ago? Jim Davidson, hot favourite to win Celebrity Big Brother, has done precisely that. The controversial star, who described himself in his pre-show video as a "dirty stand-up comedian", beat former N-Dubz singer Dappy into second place.
Talking to Big Brother presenter Emma Willis, Jim's happiness was there for all to see. “Overwhelming. It’s just overwhelming. All the people cheering. Overwhelming," he said.
Emma asked if he was surprised he'd won because he was nominated for eviction so often: “I got nominated more times than Gone With The Wind!” Jim joked before acknowledging that he was saved every time by the public.

He went to great pains to stress he was just being himself: “I wasn’t playing a game – if I wanted an argument with someone, I’ll have one. I thought – I’ll stand my ground and just be me.”
Emma wanted to know why he'd agreed to sign on for Celebrity Big Brother 2014: “I should’ve gone in last year and I was unavoidably detained. To hell with it, I thought. Let’s have a go – what is there to lose?” Speaking of the sex accusations that prevented him from taking part in 2013, Jim Davidson said: "I'm slightly damaged because of that. Truth will conquer all."
Jim's time in the house made headlines, but not for the reasons many were expecting. He had an explosive feud with Linda Nolan from The Nolan Sisters and there were times he rubbed TV personality Lionel Blair up the wrong way.

On the thorny subject of Linda, he said: “I don’t like accusations against myself. But I really do admire Linda Nolan, she’s had a tough time.“ He was also asked for his feelings about Luisa Zissman: “It all came right when we decided no more arguments. I’m still scared to death of her – that woman knows no rules whatsoever!”
But for the most part, Jim has entertained, helping the show enjoy very good ratings. And that's why he won.

Made in Chelsea star Ollie Locke finished third, The Apprentice's Luissa Zissman was fourth, The Only Way is Essex star Sam Faiers was fifth and glamour model Casey Batchelor finished sixth. Read on for the exit interviews with the other celebs who made it to the final day.

Culled from MSN News.

No comments:

Post a Comment